Sunday, March 17, 2013

Street Sweepin'

 Saturday my friends and I walked in the Brookside Parade to raise awareness for Taysia Blue.

Do you know what I didn't realize about parades?


There's CANDY.  SO MUCH CANDY!  The people handing out the candy drop it on the street!

I'm sure they were thinking of me and how I needed some extra energy what with pulling this sled and all.


Anyway, do you see this guy street sweeping over there?

Do you recognize him?

I'll give you a second....It's Jasper!!!

His name is Kodi now and he's doing so so so so so well.



Over there in the left is Willow.  She's a puppy who was just adopted and she's fun.  We barked and play bowed and did our best to play while on our leashes.
 Oakley's dad took this shot of us smiling for the camera.

This is probably the only time my head was up during the entire parade.


It was so loud, I just pretended to never hear Mrs. Master every time she said, "Nora!  Leave it!"

Best event ever.
A huge thanks to Master's sister (my best human) and his mom for handing out candy to the kids.

I hear they didn't even drop any though!  It's really too bad for the dogs behind us!



Gotta go add "street sweeper" to my resume.



Working dog,


Nora B. Webster

17 comments:

  1. We have skirts...well, us scotties do, so our street sweeping is different. We'd rather have to food to sweep up.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Street sweeper LOL! We too would rather sweep foodables. Hope you had a great Paddy Day.
    Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD, I wants to be in a parade nows. I had no idea they threw food in da streets...weird but I'll take it anyways. They ought to be throwin' cheetos though...beer cans would hurt I think.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a grreat job as street sweeper! Momma and I were in a parade for Mardi Gras, and Momma threw candy AND dog biscuits. She's very equal opportunity.

    And OMD, you pulled a sled! You're really a sled dog! That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom says we do enough sweeping of the muddy yard as it is. Wish we had gotten to go to that parade too. Bet you got lots of oohs and ahhs.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun Nora...nothing says happy like a parade full of smiling happy dogs who have found a furever home.
    Hugs Madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohhhhh, how I would be a great street sweeper! Mom says I do a great job as a hoover in the kitchen! BOL!!! Looks like you had tons of fun at the parade!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NORA B. Street SWEEPER... this is a REALLY fun post. DELICIOUS and FUN. We LOVE parades...

    ReplyDelete
  9. CANDY! That is so cool! I would have had my nose plastered to the street! Mom uses the command "on by!" instead of "leave it". The first time Dad heard her say it, he thought she said "High 5!" when I tried to eat something. Ha roo roo roo. Good one, Dad.
    Hey, did you hear the good news? They're calling for snow Thursday!
    I'll bet you were the star of the parade!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora, that sounds like it was a blast. You did a great job, I bet you could get hired for a job next time.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you worked hard....hope you were rewarded! How do you apply for this sweeper job? Think I may be qualified.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That has to be the best job in the world... How did you get it? I mean we looked at the local CareerBuilder and didn't see any jobs for Street (Candy) Sweeper... Must be just a mid-west thing.

    You are lucky, Nora... and if you need an apprentice, we are your dogs.

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nora,

    Wanted to say thanks for the chicken and broth idea. Now I've got blood in my poop and have to see the vet this afternoon. Muffin is at the vet's now and is in rough shape.

    Nice parade :)

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nora....thank you for asking about my G-ma...Mom says she should have put an update on today's blog...I insisted she put one up tomorrow.
    Hugs your BFFF
    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the smile in your last picture!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so happy! Looks to me like you were the star of the parade!

    ReplyDelete